Thursday, June 4, 2009

Gross to some, delicious to me.

Maybe it's the mid-westerner in me (mom's side), but I love biscuits and gravy. I also had a strange fascination with jell-o salad as a child.. but that's a different story. 

So biscuits and gravy. I make it the way I remember my mom making it when I was little, so it's probably not the traditional way or anything, but I think it's pretty comforting and delicious. 

Here's my recipe:

Gravy - 

1 lb. ground hamburger meat
3 cups milk
1/4 c. flour
1-2 tbsp. worcestershire sauce
s&p

Brown the hamburger in some olive oil. Combine the rest of the ingredients and add to the cooked meat. Cook on low until it thickens and looks like gravy.

Biscuits - 

Fine. I cheat. I use bisquick and make drop biscuits.. but I do add stuff to them, like cheese, garlic powder, black pepper and sometimes some whole wheat flour. Mmm, cheese biscuits.


Most of my family won't eat this, but I say they lose and take another biscuit for myself.


-E




2 comments:

Coco Loco said...

I think this sounds great! We used to have a similar breakfast, on most weekends. Except now I would make vegetarian modifications :)

Ross said...

yeah i thought this kind of gravy should be made with sausage, lucky for me, fake no meat sausage actually tastes alot like the real stuff.