Monday, June 1, 2009

Antique Addictions


Ok, so I guess I have a couple addictions in life(dancing, dresses, chocolate).. some worse than others, but my most recent one has been antiquing for suitcases. So far I've bought a total of three, but I gave one to Jessekins for Sisters Day, so I'm not a total addict.. yet.

Today I returned to the three antique stores in Ballston Spa with my sister Nikki, and at my favorite one where I bought my previous
 suitcase, there was one tucked away between a few tables that was screaming, "Ellie, you need to buy me. I'm plaid for goodness sake, you need to buy me." So I took a look, in perfect condition, no stains or anything, for $22. Rock. 
Since this was my first stop of the day, I went to the others but didn't find anything, so I went back and bought the plaid one. Yesss. 

A couple reasons I like buying vintage: -They have a lot of cool shit. - The stores are usually run by the owners, which I usually pretty cool old people, not stupid teenagers who don't want to be there. Plus they'll usually give you information about the piece that you're buying.

Finally, I've also posted some pictures of the ones I actually own. :)
         

<3 and muffins



1 comment:

Unknown said...

and I very much appreciate the one you gave to me! I'm sure it was very difficult to let go of.