Sunday, August 9, 2009

Updates




So yes, I'm aware that I've been on a blogging hiatus for pretty much the whole summer, but if you read my last post, you'd know that I didn't have much to blog about.. until now.

This has been an eventful past few weeks. Some good, some bad, some really bad, but it's been interesting to say the least.

Firstly, my Mom was diagnosed with ovarian cancer. This was made extra weird since I have little to no relationship with my Mom, but she's been through surgery and going to start chemo soon. I've done all I can for the time being and now it's just waiting to see how things go. That was the "really bad", if you hadn't already noticed.

Second, I made a trip out to Los Angeles to see my boyfriend Greg. For those of you wondering he's a non dancer, and I met him through my future brother in law Erick when he came to visit. Yeah, that's how I found a non dancer in LA. :P Anyway, super fun trip. We didn't get to do a whole lot while I was there, but we did accomplish one of my dreams since I was five and we went to Disneyland. I'm not going to lie, it was pretty epic, and dare I say, one of the happiest places on earth. Well you know, except for the whole almost passing out thing... but minor details. Greg also got major points by cooking me steak for dinner - I really hate grilling, but I love eating grilled foods. That was a good.

And finally, things with my job at Bountiful Bread didn't work out so good, so I'm not working there anymore. There's a very long story to why that's the case, but I'll hold off on telling it. Thinking about finding another job, but for now I'm just going to rest and recover from this tonsillitis/possibly mono that I have going now, and then see how school/teaching at RPI goes. Last semester, kids. Can you handle it?! I know I can. So yeah, I guess that whole situation was considered a bad.. but also kind of a good.

Plans for the rest of August are rather undecided, actually. Since I'm not sure about having mono vs. not having mono, I need to wait and see what my doctor says and then make a final decision on my trip to Seattle/NE Washington/Portland. Also thinking about ILHC? It's kind of about a million dollars, but I can at least think about it, right? Right. And oh yeah, that little small detail called my birthday on the 30th. Keep forgetting about it, actually, will have to make some plans for that.


-E

1 comment:

Button said...

I miss the Ellie! I think you should come to ILHC just for funsies. I know you will also be at Lindy Focus because everyone will cry if you're not but you totally will be even if you have to fly into Nashville and ride with one of us to Asheville :)