Monday, August 4, 2008

Schooly school school

"When I am in trouble, eating is the only thing that consoles me... at the present I am eating muffins because I am unhappy. Besides, I am particularly fond of muffins." - Oscar Wilde, Irish dramatist and writer.



Have to say, even though I just ended my summer session, I'm really looking forward to the fall semester. I love learning, despite having to clean the labs everyday, despite working with the occasional irritating lab partner, I just love it.
I'm especially excited to get to take both of my baking classes from Paul Krebs, who I've heard is very talented and I expect to learn a lot from.

Just started ordering my books today, I can't wait to flip through both of my fancy new baking books that branch out of the basics into more of the advanced pastry work (sugar work, plated desserts). Fun fun fun. - Anyone know what method cards are?

One of my classes I'm not so excited about though. Classical cuisine. i.e cooking for the school restaurant. Run for the hills, kids, that means I serve the public. It's pretty much exactly what I don't want to do with my life, which is being on a line. Too high stress, big.. flaming things, ticket orders, people yelling.. bleeeeck. I'm not excited.


Although, being out of school does have its perks. Like I get to go to the Wednesday farmer's market instead of the Saturday one. i.e. A lot less crowded and more veggies to choose from. Yay! I could totally do a blog about how much I love veggies... eh, for another time. ;)



-El

2 comments:

Button said...

Good idea! Now I know what I can with the rest of my afternoon on the days I don't have work but I have school!

Mm, farmer's market...

Unknown said...

You should write a blog about why you talk so much about muffins... for those who may not understand. Particularly about what kind of muffin you really are.