Thursday, November 13, 2008

Parts of my life.

Can't say how fantastic is was to go to Rochester last weekend. It's really become my second home with all of the wonderful people and dancing. I even got to perform my super fun routine with Jesse, just having choreographed half of it that day. Good times. It will be better for Lindy Focus, I promise.
As always, Steven and Virginie continue to inspire every year, always leaving me wanting more. And that band was totally kick ass. My god. The best I've heard in a really really long time. I'm pretty much music in love with them.

On a different note, with the exception of last Tuesday, I've pretty much been boycotting Tuesday practices for a couple reason. Tuesday is really my only night where I'm not obligated to do something, so it's nice to be lazy and go to bed early so I'm not exhausted at my 8am class on Wednesday. The other and probably more prominent reason is that the scene doesn't inspire me anymore. The people, the music, the general feel of the scene. Now, you can call me a snob, I really don't care, but before you do, let it be known there is no one my level in Albany. Most people think they have it bad when they have a group of five or ten people to have great dances with. Well you don't. Because I have no one.
This isn't meant to insult people in Albany because some of you are good and trying to get better, I've been there and respect that. But the fact still remains that there's no one to push my dancing. So if you don't see me out, you know why.

Now, this is a subject I don't talk about very much, if at all. In my regular day to day life, I'm pretty much stressed out all of the time. Another reason why S&V was great, I wasn't stressed out because I don't think about stressful things when I'm having fun.
The main reason being that my parents (second) divorce trial is in a week and stepping into my house at the current time is emotionally draining, I usually can't relax and I'm pretty on edge. If it wasn't for school, I probably wouldn't still be here. But on the upside of this, something, if good or bad, will happen in a week, hopefully making my life better. So if you see me looking tired and stressed, that's probably why.

Life happens, we deal with it.

<3

No comments: