Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving

Oh man, I love thanksgiving. It's like the ultimate in foodie holidays. This year it was mostly done by me with some help from the sisters. Our menu included:

Appetizers (always eaten around 1:00) -

-Toasted baguette slices with goat cheese and balsamic tart cherries
-Veggie platter
-Deviled eggs
-Brie wrapped in phyllo dough with jam
-Stuffed dates

Dinner -

-Turkey (which I vowed not to overcook, and succeeded!)
-Homemade apple cider gravy
-Roasted sweet potatoes
-Roasted brussels sprouts
-Green bean casserole (which I personally despise, but other people like it)
-Onion and celery stuffing with raisins and walnuts
-Cranberry mousse (a dessert from the 50's made with lots of jell-o and cool whip. It's delicious, I don't care what anyone says. And somehow even though it's a dessert we always eat it with dinner.. though I'm totally not complaining)

Dessert -

Pumpkin cheesecake (i.e. the best thing ever)



In between preparing and eating all of this goodness we played lots of board games and watched movies. Good holiday in my book.

No comments: